So this is one of my favorite and easiest recipes to make. The key to this dish, like most, is use fresh local ingredients when ever possible. A trip to a local farmers market will ALWAYS result in a fantastic dinner.
Ingredients: a small bit of onion,a can of beans black or pinto, cheese (cheddaror what ever you love or have in the fridge), corn tortillas (the farmers market in Boulder has the most amazing corn tortillas ever!) and enchilada sauce (I use 505 Southwestern All Natural Green Chili sauce, and yes it is AMAZING!!!!)
- Pour a bit of the green chili or enchilada sauce into the bottom of your baking dish
- Saute a small bit of onion in some olive oil for just a few minutes, add a drained can of beans and heat for a moment while you mash them just a little bit.
- Grate the cheese
- Heat the tortillas for a bit to make them easier to roll
- Add a spoonful of the bean/onion mixture and a sprinkle of cheese to the tortilla, wrap it up and put it in the prepared baking dish. Continue to fill and wrap tortillas until your baking dish is full. Smother the wrapped tortillas with the green chili sauce or enchilada sauce and then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the cheese is warm and bubbly.
- Serve with a side of rice,and sliced avocado. If you want to add to the WOW factor of this meal an easy homemade salsa recipe follows
EASY homemade salsa:
dice some onion, dice some tomato (fresh from the garden if you can!) dice a spicy pepper like jalapeno, add a spoonful of lime juice and a dash of salt. Mix all the ingredients together and serve. The fresher the ingredients the more amazing this will be.
** for the picky children’s menu this meal can easily be made into a simple bean and rice taco with cheese** one of the only meals my oldest will eat!