So I am feeling a bit lazy tonight and I better get to work summiting a laundry mountain that just keeps growing and growing. I want to leave you with a few links to some great blog posts that I have read today.
Boys Will Be Boys
The Lore of The Jack-o-Lantern
And a Give A Way At Soul-Chic
Ok, that laundry mountain is not going anywhere without my help. Have a great night. Tomorrow clean clothes for all! Yeah
The girls over at Pretty Poppy are amazing! Unless you are 6 feet tall and 95 pounds I am willing to bet you spend a lot of time and money getting items altered. No matter how much you love your tailor in these economic times wouldn’t you LOVE to spend that $25 alteration bill on hmmm… maybe a cute top to go with the fabulous pants that you are getting tailored. Here is where Pretty Poppy saves their day on their site they have step by step instructions on how to hem a pair of jeans using the orignal hem. I promose, it will look just like you spent the money on a tailor. Don’t worry it will be our secret that you did it yourself. Or if you are feeling generous pass this tip along to all your friends and then treat yourselves to a girls night with the money you saved.
I know that I am not alone in this, and I have no idea why, but dryers eat socks… at least I think it’s the dryer. Maybe the washing machine is the true sock eatter, and has been letting the dryer take the fall all these years. If it is the washer or the dryer I may never know, I do know that for some reason every time I do laundry socks go missing. The question is what do we do with the one sock that is left, all alone with out its match? Here are a few ideas that I LOVE!
Sock Headbands, seriously this is one of the most creative ideas I have seen! You can find the directions at Linz Crafts
or this adorable sock giraffe found at Crafty Jar there are lots of other great craft ideas on her site, make sure to check them out.
and a few more other ideas
- make a bed for a tiny stuffed animal by filling the sock with a stuffing and sewing up the open end
- wear it with a mismatched sock… I see those sold at the store for more money then matching pairs!
- use it as a cleaning rag
hopefully Courtney Cox is still in touch with her “Friends” as she will be spending a little more time with them now. The latest news from OMG is that her and David Arquette have separated. You can read the article on OMG. Why does it always surprise me when Hollywood couples split up?
I am a total foodie so tonight I was thinking about posting about Halloween Candy. In the process of reading about Halloween candy I came across some Halloween quotes that had me laughing out loud. I might have simple humor, it’s late, I should be in bed. Here are a few. Enjoy I hope you get at least a small laugh!
- “I’ll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.” – Unknown Author
- “Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn’t even the star of his own Halloween special.” – Chris Rock
- “Just like a ghost, you’ve been a-hauntin’ my dreams, So I’ll propose on Halloween. Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you.” – The Classics IV
And a few simple Halloween Jokes
- Q. What’s a Vampire’s least favorite song? A. Another one bites the dust!
- Q. Why was the mummy so tense? A. Because he was all wound up.
- Why didn’t the skeleton go to see a scary movie? A. He didn’t have the guts.
Everyone needs a little Eye Candy on a Monday morning. Last weeks guest post from She’s Thrifty inspired me to go with a vintage/ Anthropologie feel. Here are some finds that I LOVE, Enjoy!
This beautiful tunic can be found on Etsy at NewFashionWhispers stop by her shop and browse, all the items are exquisite!
This vintage inspired necklace was another Etsy find, this time by loveliesbylena all her work is beautiful, but this necklace I just kept coming back to.
I drool over everything they have at Ruche this week I am in love with this fabulous pea coat….. oh my… the buttons, the color, YUMMY!
A little something wonderful for the house made by JoyFrameworks Can you belive it’s made from an antique/vintage ceiling tile, isn’t it beautiful, I love the color!
I don’t think a collection of Eye Candy could be complete with out at least one purse… and I LOVE the color and ruffles of this one. What a great fall bag. This is another Etsy find, it was made by Ivory & Orange
Every once in a while the week gets a little overwhelming and a little Chocolate Therapy is in order! This is my new favorite brownie recipe. The recipe comes from the cookbook Entertaining for a Veggie Planet. They are delicious!!
I modified the brownies to make a gluten-free version, and they are a little bit hard to cut out of the pan so make sure to let them cool first, but let me warn you it will be hard to wait and you will probably have some nibbles of the edges while they are cooling.
- 1.5 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons unsalted butter)
- 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla plus 1.5 teaspoon water
- 6 tablespoons flour (or for Gluten Free Brownies I used 3 tablespoons sorghum flour and 3 tablespoons millet flour plus a tablespoon of xanthan gum)
- a dash or two of cinnamon
How to prepare:
- preheat the oven to 350 ish
- butter a 9 inch square pan
- toast the walnuts for 5 minutes on a baking sheet
- increase oven temp to 375 ish
- melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave on high for 1 minute and stir until all the chocolate is melted
- in a large bowl beat the sugar and eggs until they are light yellow
- add the chocolate mixture, the vanilla/water mixture the flour the walnuts and the cinnamon
- stir to combine and pour into the buttered dish
- bake about 25 minutes